Sunday, May 6, 2018

LOOK AT YOUR STUFF! - revisited

Again, and yet again...

Yesterday, a Saturday, I got up at 6 and began cleaning and organizing my kitchen shelves.  I took everything off the shelves, analysed my past usage and prognosed future usage of the items, cleaned the shelves and reorganized what I decided to put back.  The rest was tossed or given away.

I've been schlepping my first cookbook with me for over 20 years and cooked from it last when my kids were young.  They are now in their late 30's!! Embarrassment... I took out two love-stained pages with my favorite recipes (which I haven't made in, as I said, over 20 years), and tossed the book.  Nobody cooks with Crisco anymore!!

In my search for the perfect cutting tools, I have bought a food processor, a blender, and two manual cutters, plus a small tool for cutting zucchini into spaghetti. Chagrin...

I placed the plant/flower things together like fertilizer, pots, orchid substrate.  Organized the plastic leftover containers and shall give a bag full to my son.  Put the recipe books in one place but got rid of the ones I won't ever use again at this point in my life.  If I need a recipe for cornbread using coconut flour, I can get hundreds from the internet.

It didn't take me that long surprisingly.  Don't we generally put jobs like that off because we imagine an inordinate timespan being stolen from our precious TV time?

So, now I've LOOKED at all my stuff in the kitchen. What wonderful adventures await me now? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment